Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What is the purpose of Marriage?

This morning I've read an article - Marriage - Phobia. It's an article about a young lady who is planning to get married and pray that after her return from overseas she can learn about what marriage life is from her parents.
Unfortunately, she was in disbelieved because her parents marriage life was not as smooth as she thought.

She questioned God what is the purpose of getting married? is it happiness? accompanion? has somebody that can make her happy forever and ever?
Finally God told her that marriage is not the purpose of life, it's just another journey for persons who have been chosen to experience the marriage life as a learning journey in life.

The purpose of life should be for God and God's glory only.
This article simply reminded me to reflect back what's the purpose of getting marriage.
Is it because most of my friends already getting married? is it because of status? is it because of my desire to buy the house? or is it because of God's glory?

Can I cope with the challenges that will be coming in our way? 
Can I take greater responsibility as a wife and mother? 
Can I sacrifice myself to submit my whole life to my husband? 
Am I ready to live simple and humble if we don't have money or even downgrade to stay in the small house?

Thanks God for this article so I could reflect back and ask myself about what marriage is all about.

Marriage is not just being together, having sex and building family, or happily ever after as in the fairy tale story.

Like what he said, marriage is sacred. It happens because of God's will for us to be together to continue our journey and purpose to find God's will in every aspect of our life

God, as a couple, we have plan to get married either next year or 2 years later however we trust and surrender everything to You 
You know what's best for us and guide us to know Your will and follow it thoroughly.
Thanks God

No comments: